Babar Mumtaz - publications
Submitted by anna on Fri, 2006-12-15 15:36.
Books and Chapters in Books
- Architecture Without Building, chapter in The Architecture of Complexity, Thames and Hudson, London.
- Development of Kabul: Reconstruction and Planning Issues (with Kaj Noschis, Eds), Comportments, Lausanne, ISBN 2-940075-09-3. 170 pages.
- A Livelihoods Approach to Urban Planning, chapter in Mumtaz B and Kaj N, Eds, Development of Kabul: Reconstruction and Planning Issues. Comportments, Lausanne, ISBN 2-940075-09-3. Pages 141-151.
- Territoriality and Spatial Forms (with Wakely, P. and Clifford, K.), chapter in The Challenge of Slums: Global Report on Human Settlements, Earthscan, London.
- Guiding Cities: The Urban Management Programme (with Wegelin, Emiel). UN-HABITAT, Nairobi, 2001. ISBN 90-6433-030-1, 136 pages.
- National Housing Policies: Action and Implementation, chapter in The Reconstruction of Palestine, ed Zahlan, A., Kegan Paul, London.
- A Survey of the Use and Users of Computers in Urban Spatial Planning, in Lloyd-Jones, T. Ed., Computers in Urban Spatial Planning: A Guide to Research for Developing World Applications, CUSP Joint Research Team for ODA, London.
- Spatial Planning and Development Control, WSP, NRB, SDC, Islamabad.
- Sustainable Human Settlements: Development and Management (with Walls, Michael), UN CSD, New York.
- Meeting Housing Demand: A Model for Establishing Affordability parameters for Housing, DPU, London, 1995.
- Should Urbanisation Matter to You? Op-Ed, Dawn, Karachi.
- Just as Slums Need Cities to Survive, so do Cities Need Slums to Thrive, in Habitat Debate, Vol 7 No 3, available at: http://www.unhabitat.org/mdg/documents/global/Vol7_No3_why_cities_need_slums.doc
- Non-Conventional Housing Finance for Indonesia, Habitat Debate, Vol 7 No 2, available at: http://www.unhabitat.org/hd/hdv7n2/supp_community_based_housing.htm
- The View from Jakarta in Global Building and Environment. Review Vol 1, Issue 1, available at: http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/gber/pdf/Vol1/issue1/babarmumtaz.pdf
- Community-based Housing Initiatives in Indonesia, Habitat Debate,Vol 7 No.1, available at: http://www.unhabitat.org/hd/hdv7n2/supp_community_based_housing.htm
- Win-Win Strategies in Open House, International, Vol.24, No. 4.
- Revitalising Nicosia: A Community-Based Approach to Urban Renovation, in Trialog 58, Vol. 3.
- Training for Urban Development, in The Courier, 149.
- Housing Finance to Meet the Needs of Sri Lanka, in Economic Review.
Major Unpublished Reports
- National Urban and Shelter Sector Project (2002-03), various Project Reports for Asian Development Bank.
- Community-Based Infrastructure and Land Development(2000-2001), various Project Reports UNDP.
Return to top
- The economics of Regeneration, Lessons for India, Keynote Speech at the Regeneration of Mumbai Conference, Mumbai First, Mumbai.
- Why Cities Need Slums. Keynote Speech at the World Habitat Day 2001 Global Observance, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Educating the Planners, Keynote Speech at ESCWA Follow-up to Habitat Conference, on Training and Education of Architects and Planners, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Slums and Squatters, Keynote Speech at Arab Towns Organisation Conference on Squatters and Low-Income Housing, Marrakech, Morocco.
- Urban Infrastructure Provision, Keynote Speech at UNCHS Conference of Arab Mayors on the Privatisation of Urban Services, Amman, Jordan.
- National Housing Policy, at the Conference on the Reconstruction of Palestine, Amman, Jordan
Return to top